Monday, April 19, 2010

Walgreens 4-11

*2 Sudafed nasal spray
*2 Schick Hydro shave gel
*3 clearance Easter candy

Total Cost: - $2.29 (profit of $2.29)

*****
Total Out of Pocket: $0.71
Total Register Rewards Spent: $8.00
Total Register Rewards Earned: $11.00

*****
FAQ: Why are you always buying little things, like candy or kids' cups or other various small "junk" items?

Walgreens will only accept as many coupons as items. Register Rewards are counted as coupons. Therefore if I wanted to purchase 4 items and use 4 manufacturer coupons, plus use 2 Register Rewards (a total of "6 coupons" according to the Walgreens registers), I would have to buy the 4 items plus 2 more items. Of course, you want to find something really cheap as the extra or "filler" items (as we call them) so that's why I end up purchasing Easter cups or clearance Easter candy.

I admit it can be a pain and I'd prefer it if Register Rewards didn't count towards the item/coupon count, but those are the rules of the "game." And I still save so much/get so many things for free that this very minor inconvenience is worth it, and really not so bad, once you get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment